Buildings & Grounds
Keeping our Schools Running Smoothly and Safely
The Maumee City Schools Buildings & Grounds Department (B & G), is comprised of a dedicated team of individuals who maintain the district facilities and green spaces to support Maumee's high expectations for student learning. B & G has 23 talented professionals with over 200 years of combined experience. Also, many staff members previously served the district in other departments. Maumee’s B & G staff members are responsible for keeping the facilities safe, clean and comfortable for students, staff and community members. The department often operates seven days a week to help cover events and activities.
These dedicated individuals respond to hundreds of work orders each school year. Requests range from general maintenance to climate control, cleaning, and setting up for special events held by individual school groups, student performance, and athletic events, as well as for external clients who rent district facilities.
Some of the Department’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Routine and preventive maintenance of building structures and grounds
• Building checks to ensure facilities are ready to go after long weekends or breaks
• Custodial services including cleaning and sanitizing, waste and recycling
• Lawn services including overseeing, coordinating and scheduling the care, use, and maintenance of fields, grounds, systems, and motorized equipment
• Mail courier service across the district
• Repairs and maintenance, HVAC (heating & cooling), environmental services, and energy management, as well as life, health & safety systems and equipment.
• Maintaining an accurate inventory of custodial supplies and equipment
• Participating in district planning and construction
• Convene monthly District Safety Committee
• Risk management and safety inspections
Below are links to information about the use of School District facilities:
FACILITY USE PERMIT - external clients
RULES & REGULATIONS governing the use of school premises
FEES for facility use
Larry Burda, Supervisor of Buildings & Grounds
Hope Spears, Buildings & Grounds Secretary
950 Cass Road -- 419-893-1182