NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT
Maumee has a “Capped Open Enrollment” Policy
Effective April 2, 2020, The Maumee City School District has a "capped open enrollment" policy for students who live outside the boundaries of the school district. To learn more about this new policy, please call 419-893-3200.
When it is learned that someone residing outside the boundaries of the Maumee City School District is fraudulently sending their child(ren) to school in Maumee, the school district has the legal right to charge tuition retroactively for the days that Maumee educated each student. Maumee works cooperatively with other area school districts to ensure that students are being educated in the district where their parent or legal guardian resides. If you are interested in enrolling your tuition student, begin by contacting Pam Holderness at email@example.com.
2020-2021 School Year
Grades K - 12 ** 2020-2021 **
The new student enrollment is for students who are not currently enrolled with Maumee City Schools. A student who completes the school year with the district is automatically enrolled for the next school year. The only exception to this is a preschool student who will attend Maumee City Schools as a kindergartner.
All resident children who will be five-years-old on or prior to August 1, 2020, are eligible to attend our kindergarten program. Unless a child successfully completes a kindergarten program, he or she is not permitted to enter the first grade. A Day in the Life of a Maumee Kindergarten Student
Follow the steps below to begin the enrollment process for your new student(s).
- If your child is in grades K - 3, determine the school your child will attend.
- List of required documents for enrollment.
- Schedule your enrollment appointment with the link provided at the end of the online enrollment form. (Face-to-face appointments will resume as social distancing requirements become less restrictive.)
- Complete the online enrollment form. (Link available July 7, 2020)
It is not necessary for the student(s) to attend the enrollment appointment.
For questions regarding enrolling your new student, email Nicole Hinsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419-720-3260.
- Complete the online enrollment form. (Tutorial Video)
- Download and review the preschool parent/student handbook.
- Contact Sue Adkins at 419-893-3200 ext. 10219 to schedule an enrollment appointment. At this appointment, you will need to provide the required documentation. List of required documents for preschool enrollment.
Documents available for download:
Handbooks (Student and Parent)
Elementary Handbook for Students & Parents
Gateway Middle School Handbook for Students & Parents
High School Handbook for Students & Parent
How to obtain a Birth Certificate or Social Security Number
Landlord Acknowledgement Document